Being able to see and experience new things, interact with new people, and discover various cultures is one of the greatest pleasures of traveling. The negative? When you’re trying to keep track of all your trip’s paperwork and luggage it can be incredibly challenging!
Fortunately, Rome has “Deposito Bagagli” offices which are located at the city’s main train stations. But, keep in mind that there are other companies offering luggage storage services close to monuments and attractions, such as St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
Rome is regarded as one of the world’s most beautiful and historic cities. The city has been a hub of power, politics, culture, and civilization for more than 2500 years of its recorded history. As the years went by, the city’s monuments, palaces, and religious structures were built, and now they serve as stunning tourist attractions and relics of the city’s illustrious past.
Rome offers something for everyone, so you’ll never run out of things to do. And, probably you will need to visit the city twice because of all the museums, churches, historical landmarks, and art galleries that are present.
So, if you’ve just landed in Rome Fiumicino airport and want to discover Rome’s hidden gems but you’re in the search of safe luggage storage solutions this guide will help you find the most suitable option for you!
Luggage Storage at your Hotel
Rome must undoubtedly be visited and explored lightly and without carrying any luggage. Any item, no matter how large or small, should be kept in a luggage storage facility in order for you to explore the city’s attractions without carrying your luggage around.
Most of the hotels in Rome will have a luggage storage facility where you can leave your bags for a fee before or after you check in. Note that you can leave your items at the front desk staff at smaller hotels, but, at larger or more expensive hotels, you will need to leave your bags with the concierge or luggage porter.
Luggage Storage Options in Rome
Stasher is the world’s largest luggage storage network as they provide safe, affordable, and user-friendly luggage storage services. The service puts you in touch with hotels and local businesses that provide extra space where you can store your luggage while you’re exploring the city!
For a small flat fee per item, you can store your bags for as little or as long as you like. Since 2015, Stasher has been connecting travelers like you with a network of reputable local businesses around the world.
It’s worth noting that Stasher partners with well-known local businesses and hotels in Italy that provide secure luggage storage in the city center and near airports, major roads, bus and train stations, and tourist attractions.
Bounce is a fast-growing luggage storage company with around 50 luggage storage locations in Rome. Bounce prices start at €5 per bag per day. The company offers up to €10,000 of insurance for your luggage, and they provide 24/7 customer support to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Nannybag offers luggage lockers in the city of Rome, located near train stations, monuments, and major attractions. Note that Eelway luggage storage network has now merged with Nannybag so you’ll be redirected to Nannybag’s website when booking with Eelway.
You can make an online reservation by visiting their website and book one of the luggage lockers available. Their prices start from 6€ per day.
Once there, you will need to show your ID and you can easily store your belongings. Nannybag also insures each item up to 1000€ in case of loss or theft.
Luggage Storage in Rome’s Airports
Rome-Fiumicino International Airport
The left luggage facility at Fiumicino-Leonardo da Vinci International Airport is located on the street level of Terminal 3, at the International Arrivals. The service is open from 07:00 to 23:00.
The cost is €10 per item for each 24-hour period and the porter service costs from €9 to €12. Note that the same daily rate will apply even if you store for less than a day.
There are no left luggage facilities at Rome’s Ciampino Airport but you can easily find a luggage storage location near the airport.
Luggage Storage in Rome’s Train and Bus Stations
Roma Termini Station
- Capital Luggage Deposit at Via Giovanni Giolitti, 127 offers luggage storage services which are open from 09:00 to 19:00. Their prices are €4 for small bags, €6 for hand luggage, €8 for a large suitcase, or €10 for extra-large items.
- Stow your bags is an automatic luggage storage service near the Via Giolitti entrance of Termini Station and near the metro lines A and B, at the address Via Filippo Turati 52. You can book it online or directly on spot. Their prices range from €2,49 to €18,49 depending on the size of the locker and the duration. The service is open daily from 07:00 to 23:00.
- KiPoint is a “Deposito Bagagli” office situated on the platform floor, in Via Giolitti. The luggage deposit office is open daily from 07:00 to 21:00 and their prices are €10 per item per day.
- Bibbo Luggage Storage is located at Via Milano, 45, and offers luggage storage options and luggage transfers from anywhere in Rome. It is located 10 minutes away from Roma Termini and their prices range from €7 for a full day and €25 for a whole week.
Roma Trastevere Station
- The nearest luggage storage location to Roma Trastevere is Lock & Stock at Via Natale del Grande, 34. For the first 4 hours, their prices range from €5 to €10, and for every 4 hours, they charge €1,5. The service is open from 06:00 to 00:00. You can get to Lock & Stock from Roma Trastevere with the 8BUS and 3BUS and you’ll be there in 15 minutes.
Roma Tiburtina Bus Station (Piazza dei Cinquecento)
- The nearest luggage storage location to Roma Tiburtina train station is located at Tibus Tiburtina bus station. It’s located inside the departure area and is open every day, from 5:30 am to 11:59 pm. One regular piece of luggage costs €10 per day and the additional daily rate is €5. Moreover, the additional fee after 7 days is €3.
Luggage Storage in Rome’s Museums and Art Galleries
St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums
- The cloakroom is a free service provided by the Vatican Museums and it is located in the entrance hall, just past the metal detector. Note that this is not a left-luggage office, but a cloakroom service to facilitate your visit.
- Stow your bags is located at Via Germanico 20 which is a 4-minute walk away from the Vatican Museums. Their prices range from €2,49 to €18,49 depending on the size of the locker and the duration. The service is open daily from 07:00 to 23:00.
- Rome Left Luggage is another luggage storage service located at Via della Chiesa Nuova, 17, a 15-minute walk away from St.Peter’s Basilica. You can store your luggage for a minimum of 3 hours with €1 per hour or €6,5 for daily storage.
- Note that you can not enter the Colosseum with backpacks and large bags.
- Stow your bags is located at Via del Colosseo, 2 which is a 5-minute walk away from the Colosseum. Their prices range from €2,49 to €18,49 depending on the size of the locker and the duration. The service is open daily from 07:00 to 23:00.
- You can also find a convenient and safe luggage storage facility around the Colosseum to enjoy your visit worry-free.
- Stow your bags situated at Via dei Chiavari 8 is open from 09:00 to 18:30. You can store your luggage for 2 hours for €2,50, for 3 hours for €5, and for 5 hours for €7. Daily luggage storage is also available at €8 for same-day pick-up.
- Rome Left Luggage is another luggage storage service located at Via della Chiesa Nuova, 17, a 10-minute walk away from the Pantheon. You can store your luggage for a minimum of 3 hours with €1 per hour or €6,5 for daily storage.
As this is an archeological site there are no luggage storage options available. However, you can use Stow your bags service which is located at Via del Colosseo, 2.
Their prices range from €2,49 to €18,49 depending on the size of the locker and the duration. The service is open daily from 07:00 to 23:00.
Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore
The ‘Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore’ on Esquiline Hill is the largest church dedicated to Mary in Rome, and it is one of the four papal basilicas in Rome. The Basilica is a 7-minute walk away from the metro station “Termini” so you can choose one of the luggage storage options available at the train station Roma Termini.
National Roman Museum
- You can leave your luggage and personal items at the museum’s entrance for free.
- Alternatively, Bibbo Luggage Storage is located at Via Milano, 45, and offers luggage storage options and luggage transfers from anywhere in Rome. It is located 13 minutes away from the museum and their prices range from €7 for a full day and €25 for a whole week.
Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant’Angelo
- It is possible to store your items during your visit in the luggage room for a refundable €2 fee.
- Rome Left Luggage is another luggage storage service located at Via della Chiesa Nuova, 17, an 8-minute walk away from Castel Sant’Angelo. You can store your luggage for a minimum of 3 hours with €1 per hour or €6,5 for daily storage.
You can store your luggage at Via della Panetteria 5 which is a 3-minute walk away from Trevi Fountain. The cost is €1,5 per hour per bag or €7 for the whole day. The service is open from 09:15 to 19:00.
- You can store your luggage or personal items in the cloakroom at the reception area on the lower level. Note that Galleria Borghese does not allow any objects including food and beverage.
- You can also store your luggage at Via della Panetteria 5 which is located near Trevi Fountain (a 20-minute walk away from Galleria Borghese). The cost is €1,5 per hour per bag or €7 for the whole day. The service is open from 09:15 to 19:00.
- You can use their cloakroom which is free of charge to store both small and large items but only if there’s available space.
- Alternatively, Bibbo Luggage Storage is located at Via Milano, 45 and offers luggage storage options and luggage transfers from anywhere in Rome. It is located 15 minutes away from Capitoline Museums and their prices range from €7 for a full day and €25 for a whole week.
MAXXI National Museum of 21st Century Arts
You can leave helmets, umbrellas, large bags and other bulky objects (larger than 25x30x12 cm) in the Museum’s cloakroom which is free of charge.
Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea
There is a cloakroom available to deposit all items for free during your visit to the Gallery.
Doria Pamphilj Gallery
- The Gallery and Palace are equipped with a bag check and a cloakroom where you can leave your luggage and small items during your visit. The service is free of charge.
- Alternatively, Bibbo Luggage Storage is located at Via Milano, 45 and offers luggage storage options and luggage transfers from anywhere in Rome. It is located 12 minutes away from Doria Pamphilj Gallery and their prices range from €7 for a full day and €25 for a whole week.
- You have to check handbags, backpacks, and umbrellas inside the cloakroom. Note that luggage and suitcases are not admitted into the Gallery or the Palace.
- You can also store your luggage at Via della Panetteria 5 which is located near Trevi Fountain (an 8-minute walk away from Palazzo Barberini). The cost is €1,5 per hour per bag or €7 for the whole day. The service is open from 09:15 to 19:00.
Luggage Storage with Stasher in Rome
From its humble beginnings in the founder’s London apartment, Stasher has grown to provide over 6000 StashPoints in more than 400 cities worldwide. Stasher’s purpose is to assure you that their luggage storage network is safe and offers multiple locations worldwide in order to cater to your traveling needs.
Stasher’s trustworthy luggage storage network makes things easier when you arrive at your destination, whether you’re storing your luggage in Rome or elsewhere in Italy.
There are many advantages to storing your luggage with Stasher. Here are just a few listed below:
- Partner with well-known hotel chains such as Premier Inn, Marriott International, and Accor Hotels
- Each item you store with Stasher is insured for up to €1,000
- Award-winning customer service, available 24/7
- Every one of their StashPoints has been vetted by a member of the Stasher Team
- No size or weight restrictions
- Stasher is 50% cheaper than train station lockers and alternative luggage storage services
- They have 21,120+ reviews averaging 4.8 on Feefo